Friday, September 29, 2006

"I'm over the ocean, over the hills, over the dell, over the fireline." (Low)














You can't get much quieter than a Low song. Not sonically quiet, because Mimi Parker is whacking that snare drum laconically but fairly insistently. But quiet in a slow-down, quell the monkey mind's insistent chatter manner.

I used to go to sleep listening to lullaby-Low, I'm sure we all have. It's music that encapsulates that moment when you're just about to drop off and bed is the best place to be: cosy and quiet and agreeably empty. Like the grave.

Over The Ocean, Low

5 comments:

Michelle Lana said...

great! very unique!

the heartful blogger said...

This is wonderful, love those shapes and the way you've used colour.

Salix Tree said...

What an interesting piece of art.. it's a little eerie. It looks almost like a close up of hair follicles, but are there skulls in there too? I really like this! And I like that there is music accompanying the piece. I must go have a look at the rest of your artwork now! Great work!

murphy girl said...

there's a lot to see here...i can't seem to stop looking at it!

Kaya said...

Great illustration, very deep and interesting. I am a fan of your stlye. I too use music to get me where I want to be when painting.